The Building Regulations and Fire Safety Conference, chaired by Sir Ken Knight, is your chance to explore first-hand what solutions are being put in place to get around challenges in building and fire safety.
At Dods, what we do best is produce cutting-edge content and partner with the best thought-leaders - to bring to you insights, the latest proposals for reform, best practice and an opportunity to exchange exciting ideas with peers. As, for now, you cannot join us at our live events, we will bring them to you, in the safety of your homes and offices. The Building Regulations and Fire Safety Conference goes online!
We will examine the latest proposals for reform as well as good practice in ensuring safety is prioritised at every stage of a buildings lifecycle.
Hear from our confirmed speakers:
- Dame Judith Hackitt, Author, Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety
- Sir Ken Knight, Chair, Independent Expert Advisory Panel, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (Chair)
- Senior representative, Housing, Planning and Building Safety, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Rod McLean, Head of Fire Safety, Home Office
- Victoria Elvidge, Chair, Social Sector(Building Safety) Engagement Best Practice Group, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Alastair Soane, Director, Structural-Safety
- Graeme Whitty, National Quality Improvement Director, Wilmott Dixon
- Neil Yeomans, Head of Customer Safety, Orbit
- Jane Porter, Chief Operating Officer, Optivo
- Senior representative, Building Regulations Advisory Committee (BRAC), Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Aman Sharma, Board Member, BRAC, (Managing Director, Totus Digital)
- Charlotte Lee, Head of External Affairs, Napit
Key topic points for 2020:
- Building a Safer Future: Proposals for Reform of the Building Safety Regulatory System
- Fire Safety Reform
- The future of Fire Risk Assesments
- Dutyholders: The New Regime and Responsibilities
- The Stronger Accountability and Regulatory Framework that will Underpin this Sector Change
- Residents Voice: Engagement and Ensuring Safety Concerns are Heard
- Moving Beyond a Culture of Compliance to One of Safety
Heads of Housing - Heads of Building Safety - Heads of Building Control - FRS service leads - Compliance Managers - Surveyors - Architects - Construction Industry - Housing Associations - Local Authorities
Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. For more information on the CPD, please click here.